This World Wide Web site (“the Site”) is operated by Ionad Faclair na Gàidhlig, referred to in these terms and conditions as “Faclair”.
Your use of the Site is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Please read them carefully before accessing any other pages in the Site. Your use of the Site is conditional upon your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please leave the Site immediately.
- Intellectual Property and Copyright
- The intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright and database rights) in the material, information and computer files on the Site, (the “Materials”) are owned by, or are licensed to Faclair. Nothing in these terms and conditions transfers to you any rights of ownership in such intellectual property rights or constitutes a licence to use such intellectual property rights, other than to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
- Much of the copyright in the texts which form part of the contents of the Site (the “Licensed Materials”) are owned by the authors or creators and are reproduced by Faclair, subject to licences of copyright by the relevant authors in favour of Faclair. Nothing in these terms and conditions transfers to you any rights of ownership of the Licensed Materials or constitutes a licence to use the Licensed Materials, other than to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
- Subject to Clause 1.4, you may modify, distribute, reproduce or copy any Materials to the extent necessary to view the Site using normal browsing software. You may not modify, distribute or reproduce the Materials in any manner and for any other use without the prior written consent of Faclair.
- You may copy, use, download, transmit or print the Licensed Materials for any private, research or educational purpose. You may not modify, distribute or reproduce the Licensed Materials in any manner or for any other use whatsoever without the prior written consent of the relevant author.
- You may not remove any product identification, copyright notices or other notices from the Materials or Licensed Materials or any copies of the Materials or Licensed Materials which you may have made or printed for your own personal use.
- Any unauthorised downloading, use, copying, modification or distribution of the Materials or the Licensed Materials may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action.
- Faclair may provide links from the Site to World Wide Web sites operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”). Links to Third Party Sites are provided for your convenience only. Faclair is not responsible for the management and control of Third Party Sites and does not necessarily endorse, support or recommend the views expressed in such Third Party Sites.
- Faclair is not responsible for the contents of other World Wide Web sites or pages which link to the Site and Faclair shall have no liability in respect of such other World Wide Web sites or pages.
- Accuracy of the Site and Liability Issues
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on Faclair's website is accurate at the time of creation and/or modification of the website. However, Faclair cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of information contained on the website and shall not be responsible for errors or inaccuracies. Faclair reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to change the Site, the Materials, the Licensed Materials and the terms and conditions which apply to the use of the Site. Under no circumstances shall Faclair be liable for any reliance by you on any information which is made available on the website. Further, Faclair does not in any way guarantee that the website will be available, uninterrupted or error free.
- THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, AND THE LICENSED MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND FACLAIR EXCLUDES (TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY ALL APPLICABLE LAW) ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, AND IMPLIED TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, AND THE LICENSED MATERIALS.
- NO RELIANCE SHOULD BE MADE ON ANY OF THE STATEMENTS MADE WITHIN THE SITE (OTHER THAN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS) OR THE MATERIALS OR THE LICENSED MATERIALS OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES AND FACLAIR EXCLUDES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL LIABILITY (OTHER THAN LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY) RESULTING FROM ANY SUCH RELIANCE.
- NOTWITHSTANDING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, FACLAIR EXCLUDES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW ALL LIABILITY (OTHER THAN LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY) RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS OR THE LICENSED MATERIALS OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES.
- FACLAIR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT LOSS, CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF CONTRACTS, LOSS OF CUSTOMERS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, LOSS OF EMPLOYEES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, WHICH MAY ARISE FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS OR LICENSED MATERIALS.
- Computer Viruses
- Faclair may use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Site, the Materials and the Licensed Materials do not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all Materials and Licensed Materials downloaded from the Site and regularly check your computer for the presence of viruses and other malicious code.
- FACLAIR EXCLUDES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW ALL LIABILITY (OTHER THAN LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY) IN CONNECTION WITH ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS CAUSED BY COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS CODE ORIGINATING, OR CONTRACTED, FROM THIS SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES.
- Data Protection
- Faclair will not collect any personal data about you (that is, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or other data from which you can be identified) (“Personal Data”) unless you provide it voluntarily to Faclair. All Personal Data will be processed in accordance with UK Data Protection Law.
- Faclair will only use or process such Personal Data i) for the purpose for which it was originally submitted by you, for example, to provide you with more information about Faclair; or ii) for another purpose which you have consented to.
- If you do not want your Personal Data collected, please do not submit it. If you have already submitted Personal Data and would like it removed from any records held by Faclair relating to the project, please contact the person listed in Clause 5.5 below. Faclair will then use reasonable efforts to delete your information from their records.
- Under UK Data Protection Law you have the right to see a copy of the data held about you (“subject access”). If you require such subject access in relation to the project, please contact the individual identified in Clause 5.5 of these terms and conditions. Please note there may be a charge for such subject access.
- If you have submitted Personal Data through the Site and would a) like that information deleted from the records held by Faclair, or b) if you require Personal Data which Faclair holds about you to be updated/corrected then please contact the Project Manager of Faclair at Faclair na Gàidhlig, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, Sleat, Isle of Skye, Scotland, IV44 8RQ or send an email to email@example.com. Where permissible and practicable, Faclair will use reasonable efforts to delete or rectify this information.
- By submitting Personal Data using the Internet, Personal Data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. You acknowledge that countries outside the European Economic Area may not have legislation in place to safeguard the privacy and integrity of the Personal Data. By entering Personal Data on the Site you consent to the transfer of such Personal Data outwith the European Economic Area.
- Please note that Faclair will take reasonable and appropriate measures to ensure that Personal Data is stored in a secure manner. However, the Internet is inherently insecure and Personal Data submitted by means of the Internet may be vulnerable to unauthorised access by third parties. Submission of Personal Data using the Internet is at your own risk.
- Personal Data will be held on the computers of Faclair and will be used by Faclair to assist Faclair in contacting you by phone, fax, e-mail or mail with a view to supplying you with further information about the project and any other purpose in relation to which you have given your explicit consent.
In order to achieve the above purpose Faclair may disclose Personal Data as follows:-
- to employees and agents of Faclair; and
- to Faclair’s suppliers and sub-contractors who are contracted to provide any support or administration, facilities management or similar services to Faclair relating to the project.
- When you view the Site some information may be stored on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file and will help Faclair improve your browsing experience. Cookies allow the Site to be tailored to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your Internet browser instructions or help screen or learn more about these functions.
- You hereby indemnify and agree to keep indemnified Faclair against all costs, expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or incurred by reason of any claims, demands, actions that arise as a result of your breach of these terms and conditions.
- Faclair shall promptly notify you if any claim or demand is made or action brought against it to which Clause 6.1 may apply. You shall at your own expense conduct any litigation arising therefrom and all negotiations in connection therewith and Faclair hereby agrees to grant to you exclusive control of any such litigation and such negotiations. Faclair shall not make any admissions that may be prejudicial to the defence or settlement of any claim, demand or action to which Clause 6.1 may apply. Faclair shall at your request afford all reasonable assistance for the purpose of contesting any claim or demand made or action to which Clause 6.1 may apply. You shall reimburse Faclair for all costs and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal costs and disbursements) incurred in so doing.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. You hereby agree that in any contract formed hereby the place of performance will be Scotland. The Scottish courts shall determine any disputes relating to your access to and use of the Site.
- You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing the Site.
If any court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these terms to be void or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of the courts finding without affecting the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
If you have any questions concerning these terms and conditions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.